The history of Schloss Trautenfels

Following the founding of the Heimat Museum at Schloss Trautenfels in 1951, the focus was mainly on collecting zoological, geological and mineralogical material. Once Dr. Karl Haiding was appointed to run the museum in 1955, collecting folklore material finally got under way – mainly peasant and middle class household effects and furnishings, costumes, folk art, rural working tools and pre-industrial artisan equipment.

Since the mid-1970s, everyday culture has become more prominent. Archaeological excavations in the 80s and 90s enriched the museum with prehistorical and early historical finds.

Schloss Trautenfels

Trautenfels 1
8951 Stainach-Pürgg, Österreich
T +43-3682/222 33
F +43-3682/222 33 44
trautenfels@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
06. April to 31. October Mon-Sun, public holidays 10am - 5pm
24. March 2018 to 31. October 2018 Mon-Sun, public holidays 10am - 5pm