Barn from Tarsdorf in Innviertel

Upper Austria

Built: 1812 (1810)
Year of translocation: 1974

This impressive barn was once the barn of a Vierseithof, a farmstead which, like the Vierkanthof, is built on a courtyard plan. It has buildings on three sides and a screen wall with a large gate closing off the complex.This barn is an impressive example of a style of construction where ornamental elements are not merely decorative but a successful response to functional requirements thus creating a harmonious whole.A basic wooden frame, composed of vertical and horizontal members, is supported by braces shaped like St Andrew’s crosses. Timber cladding provides protection from the weather.

The low-pitched roof is covered with straight-split shingles.

 

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing

Enzenbach 32
8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours


April to October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 6pm
Admission until 5pm