Ropewalk, Feldbach

Styria

Built: 1947
Year of translocation: 1992

The ropewalk is housed in a 30m long, single-bay structure. It was still in operation in the 1980s producing all the types of ropes and cords needed by farmers. The equipment used by rope-makers was simple but very functional. Ropes were made mainly from local products such as hemp and flax yarns.

 

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
01. April to 31. October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm