Pigsty from Kalchberg near St Bartholomae

Styria

Built: 1926
Year of translocation: 1975

This three-roomed building dates from 1928. It is constructed of logs with notched joints and has an overshot rafter roof that protected the feeding troughs from the rain.
Although simple in plan, the pigsty is an impressive example of a vernacular building style that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.

 

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
01. April to 31. October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm


01. April 2020 to 31. October 2020 Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm