Hayshed from Einach an der Mur

Styria

Built: 1934
Year of translocation: 1963

This hayshed originally stood close to the Säuerling farm. It is made of huge unhewn logs and built in a style which has changed little since pre-historic times. Large gaps between the logs ensured sufficient air was admitted to keep the hay dry. The steep cruck roof is covered with rough hewn boards.

 

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
01. April to 31. October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm