Corn-mill, Feistritz

Styria

Built: 1711
Year of translocation: 1966

The corn-mill is housed in a log building with the logs joined by notching. It has a steep shingle-covered roof with an overshot hipped end which created a sheltered entrance area. The mill has two sets of millstone, each powered by an overshot water-wheel housed in a stone wheel pit. The water-wheels turn the gear wheels which in turn drive the wallowers and spur wheels and so rotate the mill-stones. In the loft there is a small room for the miller. 

 

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
01. April 2020 to 31. October 2020 Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm