Chapel from Heilbrunn near Birkfeld

Styria

Built: 1829 (1886)
Year of translocation: 1971

This small wooden chapel from Birkfeld in Styria is typical of rural church architecture.It was built in two stages and had to be removed to make way for a road in 1971.The gable board above the entrance into the chapel depicts the Holy Trinity and bears an inscription to Maria Brunnegg and the date 1886. The chapel is a simple building, with a small wooden altar, a wooden crucifix and a painting depicting the Virgin Mary at the centre, and a prayer-desk. Pictures of saints adorn the walls.

The chapel was used for mass and prayers until 1971.

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
01. April 2020 to 31. October 2020 Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm