Cart shed, Semriach

Styria

Built: 1703
Year of translocation: 1970

Open-sided sheds like this one were once found on many farms. This example has a heavy timber frame and a pitched shingle-covered roof. It was used to store carts and farming machinery, and also provided a sheltered area where farmers could scutch flax.

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
01. April to 31. October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm