Barn from Naintsch

Styria

Built: 1680
Year of translocation: 1970

This building which consists of byre, barn, threshing floor and a cart shed is a notched log construction built on a rubble foundation. The barn has a half-hipped rafter roof and is thatched with straw.
The barn had a free-stall cowhouse which allowed the animals to move around freely. The manure stayed until it was needed for the fields. The gin or horse mill in the shed was used to operate the wooden threshing machine on the threshing floor.

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours


April to October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm
Admission until 4pm