Barn, Eggart near Geistthal


Built: 1625
Year of translocation: 1975

Dual-purpose buildings such as this one are a common feature in many parts of Austria. The byre is made of stone. It is built into the slope of the hill which has the advantage that the entrance to the barn is at ground level enabling the farmer to take farm wagons directly into the barn. There is also a small cartshed and a workshop.

The roof is steeply pitched and like all the other buildings of the Grossschrotter farmstead covered with shingles.

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing

Enzenbach 32
8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18


Opening Hours

31 March to 31 October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 6pm
Admission until 5pm