Pole or strut barn, St.Anton im Jaufental

South Tyrol

Built: 1529
Year of translocation: 1972

This barn, built in an over-lapping and “timbered in a breezy way” log construction, was erected on ”pillars“, in order to protect the corn stored in the barn from mice and other rodents. The pillars serving as mice-defence“ are heavily restored towards their upper side  and bear above this restored part a carefully placed ”head part“. The even and therefore slippery horizontal lower side was designed to prevent undesired ”boarders“ from gaining access to this highly-coveted fodder. The purlin roof which protrudes a long way on all four sides and flatly-inclined is covered with “lay“ shingles.

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
01. April to 31. October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm