Pigsty of the Wegleithof, St. Walburg in Ultental

South Tyrol

Built: 1845
Year of translocation: 1979

This pigsty formed part of the Wegleithof farmstead. It is made of stone. Originally it stood so close to the farmhouse that the overhanging roofs of the pigsty and the farmhouse formed a protective shelter ensuring the farmer’s wife would not get wet when she went to feed her pigs in bad weather.

This small structure is a good example of a functional and at the same time aesthetically pleasing farm building.

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
01. April to 31. October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm


01. April 2020 to 31. October 2020 Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm