Smithy from Feistritz near Birkfeld

Styria

Built: 1694
Year of translocation: 1966

This building is typical of many village smithies. It was built in 1703 and consists of two sections. The section housing the smithy with the blacksmith’s forge, anvil and a variety of tongs, pliers, fullers and other tools used by the blacksmith is at one end of the building. This section is built of stone. At the other end are the blacksmith’s modest living quarters which comprise a small open-hearth kitchen and a second room which served both as living-room and bed-chamber. This section is of log construction. The building has a shingle-covered cruck roof.  

 

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing

Enzenbach 32
8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours


April to October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 6pm
Admission until 5pm