Corn-mill, Feistritz


Built: 1711
Year of translocation: 1966

The corn-mill is housed in a log building with the logs joined by notching. It has a steep shingle-covered roof with an overshot hipped end which created a sheltered entrance area. The mill has two sets of millstone, each powered by an overshot water-wheel housed in a stone wheel pit. The water-wheels turn the gear wheels which in turn drive the wallowers and spur wheels and so rotate the mill-stones. In the loft there is a small room for the miller. 


Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing

Enzenbach 32
8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18


Opening Hours

31 March to 31 October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 6pm
Admission until 5pm