Barns, Winkl near Ebene Reichenau

Carinthia

Built: 1492
Year of translocation: 1969

The two three-storey barns have been constructed using timber frame and log construction bigger barn has fodder rooms along the eave side. The barns lie parallel to each other and are located against a slope, so both floors can be entered from ground level via entrance ramps. The The two barns, the stable and the well house are ground around a rectangular courtyard forming an enclosed stockyard. On the ground floor are the stable and cow house. The stabling bay for calves has the manger in the middle of the room, around which the animals were allowed to move freely. Adult cattle and horses were kept in stalls and tethered. The first floor of the barns accommodated the threshing floors and storage for grain crops, straw and hay. The second floor provides more storage space.  The buildings have steeply pitched rafter roofs and are covered with wooden boards.

 

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
01. April to 31. October Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm


01. April 2020 to 31. October 2020 Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm