Granary, Unterschuetzen

Burgenland

Built: 1771
Year of traslocation: 1963

This granary dates from 1771 and was built by Matthias Portschy. His initials and the date are carved into the gable.

The granary is constructed of square logs, with protruding ends. The side walls slope inwards to form a vaulted ceiling which is supported by the gable walls.The granary has a straw-thatched saddle back roof. The walls are plastered with a mixture of clay and chopped chaff, protecting it against fire, heat and cold.

Austrian Open-Air Museum Stübing


8114 Stübing, Österreich
T +43-3124/53700
F +43-3124/53700-18
freilichtmuseum@museum-joanneum.at

 

Opening Hours
01. April 2020 to 31. October 2020 Mon-Sun, public holidays 9am - 5pm

Admission until 4pm